last couple weeks, i was struggling to find the right wedding dress for me. last month, we've tried several dresses, and i was interested in this mermaid gown. but unfortunately, there were another couple that also interested in that dress. so since they chose it first, i have to wait for them to decide whether or not they'll take the dress. and the marketing assistant who helped me to choose my gown told me that there was another dress for me to try, but i have to wait since they were preparing it for shipping to Jakarta. and it was it. i have to wait until 2 weeks ago. since i have to wait, i asked around how to pick the right gown.
personally, i don't like those big gown and full of bling2 stuff, but if i chose too simple gown, my mother in law will be pissed since she wanted it to be awesome, since i have this huge hall where the party is held. but i wouldn't decline a wonderful dress if it makes me looks amazing. so i started asking questions. some vote for the mermaid dress, some vote for another dress. but couple of my dearest friend suggested me to try for another gown. try as many as i can.. but unfortunately, i'm the kind of person that's difficult to make a choice if there were many options to go.
so, since the assistant thought that i could try more, i postponed my decision and decided to wait and try some more. i asked here and there for advice and put it into mind. this is once in a lifetime choice, so i don't want to just listen to what everybody's saying, but i also don't want to push my ego and not listening to what tothers' saying. and most importantly, i begged God to give me the proper dress and the right one in the right time.
so here i am.. two weeks ago i tried some more, and although my heart's still favor that mermaid dress, i also like the dress that i have to wait from jakarta. i turned out to be a A-line ballgown one, but enough bling2 on the body part but just scattered pieces here and there on the dress. it fit me perfectly and it went well with the bolero that i tried. so since it's pretty time limit, we decided to go for the second dress. this one is all in one dress. it's a big ballgown and has enough bling that my mother in law fond of, but also a light dress that i fond of. my mom and my sisters think it's great, and my best friend couldn't agree more.
so for those in misery, here are my few tips:
1. try some types of gown first, the a-line, ballgown, mermaid, and decide which one complement your body type. try some different fabric too.. since you have to adjust the weight. tulle is lighter than sateen. so try which one you can bear since you have to wear it all day long. and asked the expert which one that complement you, since they are the expert, what they say are probably true. which color to go is also important since you have to synchronize it with the decoration and the theme of your party.
2. try some more and take pictures. ask advice and comments from your dearest one! your husband might be clueless about fashion, but males has some sense too when it comes to our appearance. they can help you choose since he can see which one that make you shine! and don't forget about your family and friends. just sample some of your closest friend and ask their opinion.
3. put into consideration where your party will be held. although i like simple dress, but since i have a huge ballroom for my party, it's a big no-no for no train dress since people might having difficulty to spot you in that huge room. if you're having an outdoor party, a simple one is the best option for you.
4. don't just think that you have to be shiny.. those tiny jewels and crystals sewed into the gown will increased the gown's weight. and it's killing me! that's why i don't like too much bling2.
5. if you wanted to wear a bolero, try it also when you try your dress. some neckline don't complement with bolero. so be careful!
so....happy playing gown girls! believe me, although it's stressing, but i do like trying different gowns. although i am clueless at first, but trying more and more make me know which one that i like and which one that i resent. i like the feeling of being a princess for one day. and put into your mind, whatever gown you choose, you will be a rockstar on that day!